Saturday, July 18, 2015

2015.03.262 - 2015 MEC Paddlefest Victoria

This morning, Louise and I headed down to Willows Beach for the 2015 iteration of the MEC Paddlefest Victoria. This year's event probably could not have taken place on a better day. With nearly constant sun and nearly no rain since April, today was another gorgeous day. Okay, I'm trying to put a nice face on it -- we're actually facing some extreme drought conditions and forest fire dangers in the province. It's going to be a long, hot summer. But things aren't bad enough that we can't put those thoughts aside for a while and enjoy today's event.
IMGP0534-Pano2

First, Louise and I wandered down to the Ocean River area where we bumped into Ben, and chatted with him for a while as we caught up with each other.
IMGP0517-2

But of course the whole point of a paddlefest is to go paddling, so Louise and I took turns trying out the new Delta 17.
IMGP0519-2
I enjoyed paddling this boat so much that I forgot to take a picture of it.

Then we bumped into our old pal Mark of Kayak Distribution, and spent a while catching up. We're starting to do more talking then paddling at these things.
IMGP0529-2

Another successful paddling event!
IMGP0525-Pano2

Trip length: .10 km
YTD: 8.44 km
More pictures are here.

2 comments:

  1. Hi would you mind sharing which blog platform you're using?
    I'm planning to start my own blog in the near future but
    I'm having a tough time making a decision between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal.
    The reason I ask is because your design and style seems different then most blogs and I'm
    looking for something completely unique. P.S Sorry
    for being off-topic but I had to ask!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This blog runs on Blogger. Check it out at blogger.com. Good luck with your blog!

      Delete