Sunday, April 23, 2006

2006.16.31 - Cadboro Bay

This was easily the best day weather-wise we've had so far this year. Bright, sunny and warm. We did have some blistery gusts on the water that raised some chop here and there but it was a sweet day paddling.
Here's Louise and my new boats. We wanted to start our shake-down cruise in our new boats in familiar waters so we returned to Cadboro Bay.
IMGP0196

Here's Louise just after the first launch...
IMGP0199

...and my obligatory self-portrait after I launched. Am I happy in this new boat or what?
Self Portrait

Paula still managed to stay ahead of me, though... at least for a moment.
IMGP0205

Dennis in his inflatable with the Olympic Mountains behind him.
IMGP0206

The fleet sets sail!
IMGP0207

Our new Delta's are just a dream to handle. Easily the fastest boats of our group on the water today, they cut through the water like a hot food utensil through dairy products.
We saw a few seals and geese (no good pictures of them, alas), and I am pretty sure a seal bumped my boat.
IMGP0210

If you look carefully in a tree above Paula's head, you'll see an eagle.
IMGP0214

Okay, how about another angle. Do you see it now?
IMGP0215

Here's me again. Woo hoo!
IMGP0222

These are very attractive boats. Birds like them particularly. Here's a crow getting ready to do some business on Louise's boat.
IMGP0225

And in one of those "I-wish-I-had-a-camera--oh-wait-I-do!" moments, here's a blimp flying over the city while I was driving home.
IMGP0232

My pictures are here.

No comments:

Post a Comment